Wilton Cake Decorating Course 3 : Gum Paste and Fondant Class 1 and 2

 Hello everyone, I'm back for Course Three in the Wilton Cake Decorating series at the International Centre of Cake Artistry. This time classes are more intensive as we did Class 1 and Class 2 in one day so it took four hours to complete. Next week we are doing the same too for Class 3 and Class 4 but that will be in my next blog. This is what I received in the new syllabus !
 This board basically explained all that we did on that day..pretty intensive but nothing too stressful.
 I totally love the silpat mat on which I rolled my fondant on..a bit pricey but sooo worth it...wonder why I didn't get it earlier?
 So these were my rose bases and mum bases..all ready for the next classes.
 This is the base for the carnation
 The finished carnation!
At the end of the class this is what I managed to finish..the calla lily, rose, carnation that were all made from gumpaste and the bow which was 50% fondant and 50% gumpaste. Unfortunately my bow kinda broke after I got home so I probably need to cut and assemble it again :P Well that was basically what we did for this session, class 3 and graduation will be on the next blog..kinda sad that the classes are gonna end soon but it's okay. Now time to plan my final graduation cake! Till then folks!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool cakes you have - you are very talented!!! Getting ready to take the Wilton Course 3, Fondant and Gum Paste...very excited to learn!

    ReplyDelete