Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 : Lesson Three


Cupcakes! Who doesn't love cupcakes? Yup this week we had to decorate cupcakes in class and master the Wilton rose. We practiced with all kinds of tips and created many interesting designs with 3D effect using buttercream. Here are the pics of my cupcakes. By the way, these are Chocolate Guinness flavoured cupcakes.Yeah you read right. GUINNESS. The stout beer. Though not bitter, it's a sweetened version. Don't worry nobody got drunk eating it hehe. I was a bit in a hurry icing the cupcakes but I figured since I was gonna decorate on it, it wouldn't matter anyway.
My cuppies

Grapes with 3D effects

Ma clowns without the buttons


My first Wilton rose

With leaves




I made balloons with the shell borders and drop flowers too

All and all pretty useful techniques but as with everything, practice makes perfect. I wish I had more time but I had to go back early to prepare for a party. By the way I made Red velvet cake with the guinness cupcakes. That's in the next blog. :)

Homework? Yup we need to make 30 Wilton roses and bring an 8 inch cake to decorate for graduation class next week. Looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment